A Social Media Specialist is expected to be able to execute the full breath of Social Media tasks, be able to communicate well internally with internal stakeholders, explain fully the methodologies and marketing ideas behind all the actions and reports.
A Social Media Specialist is a mid-level position in Social Media. Specialists at this level are expected to be able to execute the full breath of Social Media tasks, be able to communicate well internally with internal stakeholders, explain fully the methodologies and marketing ideas behind all the actions and reports.
The position requires prior experience either internally or externally, and requires mastery of processes of the company. This position works semi-autonomously, working off tasks in Compass but are also communicating directly with internal contributors and internal customers.
Their main goal is creating the best strategy for each campaign, retention of campaigns they are handling, achieving the goals of each client, as well as compliance to all internal SLAs and quality of the calendar and reports they created for the campaign.
1. Work Volume Fulfillment
- Execute these tasks for the day as assigned by the Team Lead
- Translating the client's project brief into actionable strategies within the framework of our methodology
- Auditing businesses and benchmarking the performance of their social media campaigns as opposed to that of competitors
- Coordinating with internal resources to create copy and other content that will follow the content strategy created based on the brief
- Creating and planning the content calendar to maximize the reach and effectivity of each piece of content
- Analyzing the performance of each content and campaign and creating reports with recommendations on how to achieve the client's goals
- Intake campaigns - complete the relevant information needed, and create the Social Media Playbook for the campaign
- Managing all campaigns and making sure that all accounts are meeting their marketing targets
- Researching more on digital marketing and providing insights to internal stakeholders on what changes we can do to maintain competitiveness
- Manages the budget, allocation and execution of Social Media Adsand coordinates with PMs for updates on the campaign.
2. Staffing Commitments
- Commit to minimum individual staffing requirement on a monthly basis
3. Staff Development
- Sign up and participate in prescribed learning development efforts
- Proactively participate in learning development activities
- Assist in providing feedback and coaching/mentoring Junior Social Media Specialists
- Perform tasks required for certification - Training and Certification:
- Facebook Blueprint Certification: Core Ad Proficiencies
- Facebook Blueprint Certification: Certified Planning Professional
- Twitter Flight School
- Introduction to Marketing – Coursera (Via University of Pennsylvania)
- Google Analytics Certification
- HubSpot Inbound Marketing Certification
4 Performance Management
- Scorecard of 88+ 6 months (2 rolling quarters) prior to evaluation
- Adjust performance according to reinforcement or corrections from Team Lead
• 1 - 3 years working experience in a marketing, writing, or in a position that requires a similar skillset
• Excellent English Writing and Communication Skills
• Minimum 23/25 test score
• Excellent communication skills demonstrated by the ability to be able to approach internal contributors, explain and communicate with clarity, and the ability to keep levelheaded and take in feedback.