The role shall review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback, create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases, estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities and design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools.
The position shall identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs, perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved, develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs, liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements. Monitor debugging process results and investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions, track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts are part of the task.
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Analyze a ticket provided by Product Owner
- List all clarification against a ticket and closed them with the help of Product Owner
- Identify the list of test activities and its equivalent estimates over JIRA during Sprint Planning
- Provide status for all owned tickets (e.g. Story) during Daily Sprint
- Create Test Suite (collection of test Scenario, case and script) against clarified tickets
- Execute all identified test cases and provide test summary report
- Capture, logged and closed all identified Bug over JIRA
- Provide QA sign-off against owned tickets and present them during Sprint Review
- Identify BP\CI during Sprint Retrospective and ensure to implement them.
- Convert manual into automated test Scenario, case and script through Cucumber, Selenium, Rest Assured, etc.
- Create Performance Test Script through JMeter
- Prepare and present reports and metrics to Senior Management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 3+ year testing experience
- Experience in Web and Mobile testing is a must
- Fundamental knowledge of Software Development Lifecycles, Test Methodologies and Defect/Bug Management
- Proven experience in business requirements scoping and testing
- Strong background in project documentation – including translating business requirements into complete use stories, user journey and product features; UAT plans and reports
- Must be a strategic and analytical thinker who thrives on solving problems to create best user experience
- Organized, with keen attention to detail and able to work with high-degree of independence
- Effective time and task management skills. Works well under pressure and takes constructive criticism.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, including technical writing
- Working experience in Agile Development specifically in JIRA – Kanban & Scrum as well as Confluence is a plus
- Working experience in Postman, Fiddler and other Web Req\Resp tools
- Working experience in Selenium (Java), Junit, TestNG, Rest Assured, Jenkins, Maven, Cucumber
- Working experience in Exploratory, Smoke, Product, Regression, Integration(API) and Performance (Load, Soak, Stress, etc…) test