The writer's primary responsibility is to support the organization and partner’s growth through on-time, accurate, and high-quality content fulfillment. There is a larger focus on writing to address the target reader/audience's needs while keeping SEO best practices in mind. The copywriter is expected to create compelling content that answers what the searcher is looking for by highlighting the client’s features and benefits and unique selling proposition. They are expected to work closely with the content strategist and SEO analyst to deliver the best output within the given time frame.
1. Write compelling, engaging, informative, relevant, and business/industry-specific content using fitting language, style, and company standards
2. Ensure that each task complies with the content brief specifications or Content Optimization Report provided by the content strategist or SEO analyst
3. Properly and consistently use the tools provided by the company, such as but not limited to, logging each task on time and accurately in the company’s in-house content monitoring and management system
4. Conduct research as needed for assigned writing projects
5. Develop interesting topics based on keywords, client’s products or services, or both.
6. Takes ownership over the quality, timeliness, and integrity of the output
1. Work well with different team members across the organization
2. Raise concerns or ask questions to colleagues, team members, direct supervisors if there are issues noticed that will impact high quality content or timeliness of delivery (e.g. blocked tasks or if there’s no task assigned for the day)
3. Immediately respond to inquiries. Within 10 minutes for highly urgent issues such as but not limited to Partner escalations.
4. Actively participate in meetings, huddles and training
5. Follow-up with tenacity to ensure that roadblocks are addressed OUTPUTS Expected outputs include: On-page Web Copy, Product Description, Meta Data, Social Media Captions and Copies, Video Scripts. Copywriters might also be occasionally tasked with Topic Ideation and writing On-page Blogs.
1. BA in English or Journalism, Communications, or any related field
2. At least 1 year of experience in copywriting
3. Ability to edit and proofread clear, concise, and engaging copies for client approval
4. Proven aptitude for quick creative thinking with attention to detail within demanding deadlines
5. Ability to work independently and in a team environment
6. Full knowledge of Microsoft or Google Word and Excel/Sheets is mandatory
7. English at mother tongue level, fluency in other languages not required